Aims, Ethos & Vision
Aims and Ethos
At Chenderit School we are all learners, we value learning and see it as a lifelong process. We seek to create an open and creative community where all are valued and all are supported and challenged to be the best they can possibly be. Our community is based on honesty, integrity and responsibility borne out of mutual respect. At Chenderit School we respond to challenges in creative and flexible ways which demonstrate our values and inspire a positive culture.
At Chenderit we believe that:-
- the school should be a secure, pleasant and supportive environment; this means our school should be thriving, dynamic, supportive and challenging
- all members of the school should respect each other and treat others in the way they would want to be treated themselves; we actively support and monitor equal opportunities and are sensitive to the issues of race, gender, social background and culture
- we all work together to make learning enjoyable and satisfying for everyone; we see lifelong learning as a goal for us all and learning should be about passion and ambition with quality at its heart
- everyone should have the opportunity to fulfil their ambitions, dreams and goals and everyone should have their achievements recognised; we have creative responses to the dreams and ambitions of others, we seek to unlock talent and for every member of our community to "walk a step or two with genius", our expectation is for all of us to be the best we can be.
- we shall work together to build good relationships within and beyond the school gates; we seek to be responsible citizens and actively promote community responsibility, we are members of local, regional, national and global communities and we seek to engender amongst learners a sense of tolerance, understanding and integrity.
- every person is valued and must receive equal opportunities; everyone should have an entitlement to education and support. Through the active promotion of the principles of equality of opportunity, we demonstrate how much we value each other
Tomorrow's citizens will have to be able to survive in a much more challenging and fast paced environment. At Chenderit School we want every single one of our students not only to survive but to flourish in meeting these challenges.
The Visual Arts College Vision
Chenderit was designated a specialist school for the Visual Arts in September 2002. September 2003 saw the opening of our purpose built art gallery which will bring contemporary art exhibitions to our students and our community. A new 3D studio, and photographic facility have also been opened.
We believe that the experience gained through the Visual Arts is fundamental to the education process and enriches the other areas of the curriculum and the students' social skills.
We aim to provide opportunities in the Visual Arts to the whole spectrum of groups within Chenderit's community, our partner schools, parents, staff, community groups, local artists, local business and industry.