The loan collection is available to the schools in the Chenderit School Visual Arts Partnership group and consists of a growing collection of resources to help staff in teaching art.
At present the collection consists of the following:
- Posters. These are in sets and relate to the themes used in the QCA art syllabus for key stages 1, 2, and 3.
- A collection of 25 masks and other ethnic items are available as inspirational objects for drawing and painting. These are being catalogued and photographed and will be available in September.
- Collections of postcards will be the next area of purchase in 2004.
Administration and loan of items from the collection
- Poster collections or objects can be loaned for a period of a half a term and are renewable, if not required by another loan partner.
- Bookings can be made up to two months in advance.
- Reservations are made with Mrs Sue Clayton (Art Department technician) by phoning the school (01295 711567 extension 211). Viewing the collection is by arrangement with her.
- Loan items will be recorded to schools through the school library system.
- Items need to be returned complete. Lost items will be charged at cost.
- Please do not use pins or staples on posters, postcards or objects.