At Chenderit School we have established a strong and supportive community where staff and students strive to "Aim High, Work Hard and Be Nice". Our students are valued as individuals and are actively encouraged to pursue excellence, not only academically, but in all other spheres of school life. Our aim is to unlock each student's potential and to celebrate every individual's progress and achievements.
Chenderit School is a forward looking school with proud traditions. We encourage our students to embrace all opportunities at school and, through these, to develop into increasingly resilient, independent, adaptable, respectful and resourceful learners. We have high expectations of our school community and pride ourselves on our safe, supportive yet challenging environment in which students are able to enjoy, flourish and achieve.
I hope you find the information you are looking for on our website and that it gives you a flavour of what is unique and special about our school. If you are considering whether Chenderit School is the right school for your child, please contact us for more information or, better still, arrange a visit to meet our staff and students and to experience our welcoming atmosphere, our sense of purpose and the wide variety of opportunities that Chenderit has to offer.
Happy New Year!
05 Jan 2017
Happy New Year! I hope the festive season was both restful and enjoyable and that our whole school community feels reenergised and ready for the busy, albeit short term ahead.
Although this term is short, there is a lot to look forward to:
• Next Tuesday (10.01.2017), we shall meet with the parents of Y11 students to discuss the recent mock exam results and set targets for students to ensure GCSE success this summer
• The deadline for applications from our current Y11 students to Chenderit Sixth Form is on 12.01.2017
• On 19.01.2017, we meet with Y8 students and their parents to discuss progress in general, and to consider potential options for key stage 4
• Our key stage 4 GCSE subject fair will take place from 6:30 on 01.02.2017 for current Y8 students
• Sixth form mock exams take place between 05.01.2017 and 13.01.2017 and reports to parents will be sent home on 10.02.2017
• Lots of educational visits, clubs and extra-curricular activities (e.g. art club, maths challenge, "Hitler on trial”, sporting activities…) will be running, ensuring a rich learning experience for all
• And at the end of term 3, we shall enjoy this year’s musical performance: "Little Shop of Horrors”.
World Book Day - Thursday 2nd March 2017
With World Book Day rapidly approaching, we are looking, in 2017, to jump start the year with the hope of promoting reading, not only in school but in the wider community.
With this aim in mind, we are putting out a Reading Challenge both for adults and students alike. The challenge has also been placed in Banbury’s Phone Box Library (http://www.banbury.gov.uk/Banbury-Town-Council/library_phonebox-3818.aspx) in the hope that people will leave book recommendations for other
Please feel free to have a go and push yourselves to complete the challenge!
On behalf of all the staff at Chenderit School I would like to wish all students a happy and successful 2017.