At Chenderit School we have established a strong and supportive community where staff and students strive to "Aim High, Work Hard and Be Nice". Our students are valued as individuals and are actively encouraged to pursue excellence, not only academically, but in all other spheres of school life. Our aim is to unlock each student's potential and to celebrate every individual's progress and achievements.
Chenderit School is a forward looking school with proud traditions. We encourage our students to embrace all opportunities at school and, through these, to develop into increasingly resilient, independent, adaptable, respectful and resourceful learners. We have high expectations of our school community and pride ourselves on our safe, supportive yet challenging environment in which students are able to enjoy, flourish and achieve.
I hope you find the information you are looking for on our website and that it gives you a flavour of what is unique and special about our school. If you are considering whether Chenderit School is the right school for your child, please contact us for more information or, better still, arrange a visit to meet our staff and students and to experience our welcoming atmosphere, our sense of purpose and the wide variety of opportunities that Chenderit has to offer.
A Level Results
18 Aug 2022
Congratulations to all Chenderit students on their A level results and other level 3 successes. Jane Cartwright, Headteacher, stated: "Our students have shown remarkable resilience over the past two years and these students, who were unable to sit GCSEs in 2020, performed exceptionally well in this summer’s exams, which were the first external assessments they have been able to take. We are proud of all they have achieved and have been celebrating their achievements with them in school this morning - our students have performed brilliantly, in line with or better in virtually all measures when compared with last year and 2019”.
Our overall pass rate this year is 100% with 61% of all results being graded A*, A or B and 29% of all results being graded A* or A. Billy Belstone, Assistant Headteacher and Head of Sixth Form, added: "Our students have exceeded the challenging targets we set and we are delighted that 89% of our students have gained entry to their first choice university, with over 25% of students having gained places at incredibly competitive institutions such as the University of Cambridge and other Russell Group universities. We wish our students success as they embark on their future plans”.
We wish to highlight the following students’ achievements in particular:
- Lily Sear, who achieved 3A*s and an A and is now moving on to study Law at the University of Cambridge
- Charlotte Bowman, who achieved 3 A*s and will now be studying English at the University of Exeter
- Suzanna Teal, who achieved 3 A*s and an A and is now moving on to study Photography at University of the Arts, London
- Charlie Blee, who achieved 2 A*s and an A and will now be studying Law with Politics a tthe University of Manchester
- Lucy Frewin, who achieved 2 A*s and 2 As and is now moving on to study International Relations at the University of Edinburgh
- Avril Boyd, who achieved 2 A*s and an A and will now be studying Biochemistry at the University of Warwick
- Joshua Dennett, who achieved an A* and 2 As and is now moving on to study Earth and Planetary Sciences at the University of Manchester
- Sacha Harvey, who achieved an A* and 2 As and is now studying Biology at theUniversity of Bristol.
We congratulate each and every one of our Y13 students and wish them well for their futures.
Click here to read more