Inspectors carried out our most recent graded inspection on 27th and 28th September 2022 under section 5 of the Education Act 2005. The inspectors graded our school as follows:
Overall effectiveness: Good
The quality of education: Good
Behaviour and attitudes: Good
Personal development: Good
Leadership and management: Good
Sixth-form provision: Outstanding
Previous inspection grade (2017): Good
Summary of Key Findings
- Leaders have high expectations for every pupil’s behaviour and attainment.
- Lesson routines are well established.
- Pupils in Years 7 to 11 study in calm classrooms.
- Leaders are ambitious about what they want pupils to learn.
- Subject leaders identify the important knowledge that must be taught, and when.
- Across the school, teachers have good subject knowledge.
- Sixth form students develop excellent subject knowledge.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) follow the same curriculum as their peers.
- Leaders have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour.
- Pupils and students are polite and helpful.
- Pupils feel safe.
- Pupils do not worry about bullying. Staff deal with bullying on the rare occasions it does occur.
- Leaders have designed a well sequenced personal development programme. Pupils are prepared well for life in modern Britain.
- Leaders provide a wealth of careers information and guidance.
- Leaders have created opportunities for pupils to join in with clubs and activities.
- Leaders make wider opportunities available.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- Leaders have established a culture of safeguarding.
- Pupils are taught about how to keep themselves safe.